12 Problems With Christmas

Steven Estep December 18, 2013 22
12 Problems With Christmas

Christmas isn’t perfect.

Hey everyone, Steven here from The Trend Guys…

There are a lot of things about Christmas that a lot of people don’t like. Scroll down below to check out 12 Christmas problems.

1. Shopping can suck.

Crowded Mall 12 Problems With Christmas

Shopping is one of the worst things about Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving, you can pretty much kiss any hope of an enjoyable shopping experience goodbye. Malls and stores are going to be crowded. Also, you have to worry about what you’re going to get everyone, order certain things, etc…

2. It can be stressful.

Christmas Stress 12 Problems With Christmas

Christmas can be very stressful. As stated above, shopping can stress you out, because you’re fighting the crowd. Also, you have to worry about what to get people, the money you’re spending, etc… If you decorate, you’ll probably have to untangle Christmas lights and nothing on this world is more frustrating than that.

Also, chances are, you’re participating in some sort of Christmas dinner. Heck, you may even be hosting Christmas dinner at your place. There’s nothing like getting up at 4 a.m. to start cooking for everyone and then having to clean your entire house after everyone has left.

Kids probably spilled something on your couch and someone that had a little bit too much of the eggnog probably peed all over your bathroom floor. It’s amazing the things you’ll discover after a Christmas dinner.

On the plus side, if you’re the host, you’ll probably have plenty of leftovers you can dig into. icon smile 12 Problems With Christmas

3. It can be sad.

Sad Christmas 12 Problems With Christmas

This may come as a bit of a shock, as Christmas is known as “the most wonderful time of the year,” but for a lot of people it’s the most depressing time of the year. While some people are grateful for what they do have, a lot of other people are thinking about what they don’t have.

Usually, this is people that don’t has lost a loved one, doesn’t have a significant other, lives away from their family, etc… A lot of people have a lot of reasons to be depressed on Christmas.

4. Christmas trees can be messy.

Christmas Vacation Christmas Tree 12 Problems With Christmas

Some people won’t even consider getting a fake Christmas tree. They want the real thing. This is usually because of some sort of family tradition that started when they were a kid or simply because a real tree just smells so darn good.

Either way, if you go with a real Christmas tree, you are going to have to pay the price. First of all, you have to make sure it stays watered, which can be messy, especially if you have a thirsty pet. Also, pine needles get all over the place.

5. You could go in debt.

Credit Card Debt 12 Problems With Christmas

Credit card companies LOVE Christmas, because that’s when people spend the most money and typically they spend money that they don’t have. In other words, people bust out credit cards and end up going in debt in order to purchase Christmas gifts.

Always remember that credit card bills are the gift that keeps on giving, because they will come all year long if you allow them to. So, be mindful of how much money you’re spending on your credit cards and remember that you will save a lot of money if you just pay for gifts with cash.

6. Traffic sucks.

Christmas Traffic 12 Problems With Christmas

Traffic really starts to suck after Thanksgiving day. Heck, it starts to suck even on Thanksgiving day, because a lot of companies now offer early Black Friday deals that start on Thursday.

It doesn’t matter what you’re doing out for, traffic really sucks around Christmas time, because people are out there shopping for Christmas gifts up to the very last minute.

7. You may have to cook.

Christmas Cooking Dinner 12 Problems With Christmas

Remember above when I mentioned Christmas dinner? Chances are, unless you want to spend Christmas like the family from “A Christmas Story,” you’re going to have to do some cooking. You don’t want to be the only one that doesn’t contribute to the Christmas dinner.

8. You may have to be around people you don’t like at Christmas dinner.

You know that one uncle you have that doesn’t mind farting and burping at the table? He’s been invited to the family dinner. The aunt you have that talks crap about anyone and everyone as soon as they leave the room? Yeah, she’ll be there too.

Chances are, you have some people in your family you’d rather not be around and they’re going to be at the dinner.

9. Decorations can be a royal pain.

Do you remember the epic scene in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation when Clark Grizwald goes absolutely nuts, because his Christmas lights aren’t working, so he starts breaking some of his decorations? That scene exists, because putting up Christmas decorations can be really frustrating.

10. Office parties.

Office Party 12 Problems With Christmas

The dreaded office party. You’re going to be invited to it and you’re going to hate every single minute of it. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to sneak out without anyone noticing, but you will be surrounded by brown nosers, so it’s a risky move, as they won’t hesitate to call you out and make sure everyone knows you are leaving or left early.

11. You’ll probably gain weight.

Christmas Weight Gain 12 Problems With Christmas

One of the awesome things about Christmas time is the fact that you have an excuse to take a break from working out every day and you get to eat whatever you want. This break is going to mess with your metabolism. You will gain weight and your overall health will decline until you get back on track.

Look on the bright side, at least you’ll have another New Year’s resolution to add to the list when you need to lose those 10lbs you picked up over the course of a week.

12. Christmas starts way too early.

Christmas Decorations in store 12 Problems With Christmas

I absolutely love Halloween and it REALLY sucks when on like October 26th I’m seeing the Halloween decorations being pushed aside to make room for Christmas decorations. Why are Christmas decorations being put out in the month of October? Thanksgiving practically doesn’t even exist in the store anymore.

Did I miss anything?

Are there any other problems with Christmas that I didn’t list? If so, leave a comment and let me know!

P.S. I made this list just for the fun of it. I’m giving out reasons as to why someone may have a problem with Christmas. I’m personally enjoying the heck out of Christmas right now and I hope you are, too! icon smile 12 Problems With Christmas

Steven avatar 60x60 12 Problems With Christmas

About

Find more about me on:
  • facebook 12 Problems With Christmas
  • googleplus 12 Problems With Christmas
  • linkedin 12 Problems With Christmas
  • skype 12 Problems With Christmas
  • twitter 12 Problems With Christmas
  • youtube 12 Problems With Christmas

22 Comments »

1. Kim December 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM - Reply

Hmmmm…

2. Lexie Lane December 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Reply

LOL! I’d probably start with the fact that they mismeasured their tree! Then perhaps the person in it could not be used as an ornament! :)

3. Kim December 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM - Reply

Very Cute! Fortunate for me kind of a bah humbug this is our 2nd year in Costa Rica and being here has pretty much eliminate 95% of this list! Yay for me! They celebrate here but it is not commercialized, we are happy to have left it all behind! The only things for us are that my son is still back home and I miss him and we come from snow which really gives it the Christmas feel (not that I at all like snow) but they kind of go together for us so really it doesn’t at all feel like Christmas! Funny post and can’t wait to see some of your other ones!

4. Wood Arts Universe December 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM - Reply

I prefer online shopping because it saves time and money. I can access many web sites within a very short duration of time to compare costs, quality, service and other relevant aspects and decide which is the best option. This is very difficult to do if I have to visit each of the retailers individually
    Also, I don’t like to stand in line for long hours

5. Kim Miller December 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM - Reply

yes, yes, yes and yes (actually, make that 12 times yes since you highlighted each of the 12 most common problems like hitting a nail on the head) The only one I would add for unlucky number 13 is that you will probably end up sick- due to all the exposure to sick people Christmas shopping, all the relatives coming from who knows where being carriers of who knows what virus (or due to your own travel) or just due to the stress of #s 1-12 while getting run down trying to make this holiday “the best one ever!”

6. Sarah Bailey December 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM - Reply

Lol what a great post – I have to admit I used to love Christmas shopping I would do it well before Christmas when it was stress free and thats ok – but this year everything went wrong and I didn’t get it done and WOW it’s crazy trying to shop late! I neve rwant to do it again lol x

7. Curby Aardvark December 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Reply

That’s why Christmas is not only a happy day but also pretty depressing; but that’s what makes it so great.

8. Fabulous Perks December 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM - Reply

You are absolutely right! Christmas are all of the above. But when it all comes down to it, its all worth it in certain cases!

9. Trisha December 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM - Reply

Shopping does suck that’s why I got everything online this year, lol! Love the clips from Christmas Vacation! It’s one of my favorite Christmas movies.

10. Jennifer Brown December 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM - Reply

The crazy parts I don’t like, but I do enjoy the season of giving and blessings.

11. Carla December 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM - Reply

This sums it up perfect!! Shopping sucks badly!

12. becky December 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM - Reply

I love the “you might have to cook one” :) haha!! That would be my pick!

13. Malia December 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM - Reply

Great list! I love Christmas, but I just hate how fast it all goes by! This month has flown by and I didn’t get to do all the “Christmasy” things I wanted to do. So my main problem with Christmas is that it’s over so soon!!

14. JEnn December 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM - Reply

I disagree! I love Christmas and EVERYTHING about it! If you plan ahead and expect the crowds and traffic, it makes it more enjoyable! Remember, Christmas is what you make it! You don’t need to go into debt (make your gifts), gain weight (control yourself!), etc. Its your choice how you choose to deal with the season!

15. GossipMoms (@GossipMoms) December 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM - Reply

all of the things you listed are true, & its funny how you posted the video and a few days ago, my family & I just watched this movie lol

16. Leona December 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM - Reply

Too funny and true! Christmas starts way too early, can be stressful, all those parties, thankfully we are around great family members, nope don’t go into debt – we don’t go hog wild like some, LOVE the Griswolds, and on and on.

Great blog though and makes loads of sense.

17. Cyndi December 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM - Reply

My biggest problem with Christmas this year is that I’m nowhere near ready. But oddly enough I’m not stressed about it since we’ll be at the beach for Christmas.

18. Jennifer Williams December 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM - Reply

I will give you the sad one, I miss my father this time of year and that it starts way to early – I want to get through Thanksgiving so we can enjoy all the holidays before Christmas starts. However the rest of them – not so much for me. I shop right after Christmas and get great deals – this means I do not have to shop now and I do not go into debt! I love to cook so that never bothers me and I do not associate with my relatives outside of my husband and children so family does not bother me. I work from home so no commute or office parties to deal with. I run daily so no weight gain. Decorations are fun to me – even the tangled lights! Hope you have a great Christmas!

19. Eileen December 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM - Reply

The holidays can really be stressful and I agree with your list. I usually do my shopping during the last minute rush when every body else is in their kitchen preparing the Christmas dinner.

20. Cara December 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Reply

I think shopping is what makes my holidays stressful. The lines the crowds they drive me crazy! I think 1,2,3,and 6 are all combined in one for me!

21. katherine December 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM - Reply

Totally true. We do Hanukkah and we don’t even get a section in the store anymore.

22. Paula -Growing Up Bilingual December 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM - Reply

I think you covered it. I would maybe add that traveling can suck as well. Traveling for the holidays is hectic and there is always the chance of getting stuck in the airport because of a snow storm.

Leave A Response »